man and woman shake hands across a table. Two others, seated, look on.Hiring a new employee is an incredibly important decision that is also a time-consuming endeavor. The time needed to trudge through resumes, schedule and conduct interviews, and do the necessary background and reference checks is often more work than many companies can handle. According to LinkedIn, only 30% of companies are able to fill a vacant position within 30 days. The other 70% of companies take anywhere from 1-4 months to make a new hire.

Fortunately, Contemporaries employment agency can work with you through every step of the hiring process making it faster and pain-free. We’ll help you find the best permanent hire for a wide variety of positions ranging from administrative to IT to management and more. Since we specialize in job placement in the Virginia/Maryland/DC region, we understand the unique challenges companies face when trying to hire in a competitive market.

Here’s a look at the some of the steps needed to hire a new employee and how we can help:

  • Determining what you need in a new hire: What qualities does an ideal candidate need to have in order to succeed in the position? Consider areas like skill set, responsibilities, hours expected to work, and compensation. At the beginning of the process, Contemporaries meets with you to ask detailed questions about the unique needs of the position, your company culture, etc. We then work with you to draft a well-crafted job description that clearly outlines the position and the necessary qualifications.
  • Reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates: Combing through resumes, scheduling interviews, and meeting with candidates multiple times takes a lot of time and effort. Contemporaries does the grunt work for you by identifying qualified candidates, screening them, and providing you with a short list of people with the right skill set.
  • Conducting background checks and reference checks: A background check and reference checks are important steps that are sometimes overlooked or not done in a detailed manner due to time constraints. However, performing these steps halfway or not at all can result in a costly mistake. We can take care of every step of the background check and reference check process, so you can feel confident that there are no potential issues with a new hire.

Hiring the wrong person for a job is costly in terms of both time and money. Finding, interviewing, and hiring well-qualified candidates is the backbone of our business. Call Contemporaries today at 301-565-0445 and let’s get started finding the best permanent staff for your open positions.