When it comes to attracting and retaining the right talent for a position, there’s nothing more important than a well-crafted job description. Many companies make the mistake of using “generic” and broad descriptions for a position. For example, an open administrative position description may talk about the typical technical and organizational skills needed, but doesn’t clearly define what is really expected to be the right fit for the job. That’s why hiring managers receive hundreds of resumes and none of them seem quite right! Fortunately, there is an easier, more efficient and cost effective way to find the right employees.
When you partner with a staffing firm like Contemporaries, we can alleviate the stress that comes with crafting a job description that finds the best fit for a position. Finding, interviewing and hiring well-qualified candidates is the backbone of our business. Most importantly, we get to know YOU and your unique needs and company culture. Our first step is to sit and talk about what makes your business special and what types of employees thrive in your environment. Here’s a look at a few of the questions you can expect from us:
- What are your company’s goals within the next 5 years?
- What are your plans for new products and/or growth?
- What gets you most excited about the company’s future?
- What are the biggest opportunities facing the company right now? What are the challenges?
- How would you define your company’s culture?
- How has the company changed since you started working here?
- How would you describe the work environment within your company? Is the work typically collaborative or more independent? Is there an open door policy?
- Do you have a dress code?
- How long has the longest person been at your company? The shortest?
- What is your attrition rate for the organization?
This is just a sample of some of the ways we dig a little deeper and get to know your organization, as it looks today and where you’re headed in the future. Then, we craft a realistic job description that best suits the position and your particular culture.
Everyone wants to hire the best employees possible, but finding the right person for a particular job requires an effective strategy. Making the wrong choice is costly in terms of both time and money. When you partner with Contemporaries, you can take the stress of finding the right employees off your plate. Call us at 301-565-0445 and let’s get started finding the best staff for your open positions.